Mar 6, 2016

Starting Makeup As A Medical Student







  • My starting point 

My starting point was somewhat frustrating and fun at the same time. I spent 50% of my time watching YouTube videos and practicing at the same time. If I was not reading my books and i was practicing on my face. I had like only 5 pieces of brush, an eye shadow palette, 2 lipsticks, and of course foundation and powder. I was very keen on getting perfect eyebrows so i spent my whole time learning how to draw perfect eyebrow. Medical school made my learning process slower than usual but I was able to keep up. After perfecting my eyebrow technique to a level I went in on other aspects of makeup like foundation routine, highlighting and contouring.

  • Makeup products


I started buying makeup brushes, sponges, eyelashes, foundations, powders and other products about a year after i was serious with my learning. Im sure you must be wondering what i used to learn not having most products. Well i did learn and I learnt quick to. I started with buying foundations and powders which are quite essential for basic makeup, then i went on to buying 20 pieces brush set, contour, brush set, foundation brush set, 32 pieces brush set, foundation sponge. Many other products I kept buying as I kept building myself

  • Essential products to have while building


I believe the products I'm about will to mention are affordable and easy to get for a starter kit. due to the country I reside I cant mention shops to get them and prices that the will be but I believe you can get them at any beauty supply store 


  1. Foundation of your skin type and color
  2. Concealer; your shade, a shade lighter  than you and also darker 
  3. Brush set 
  4. Powder of your skin type and shade 
  5. Eye shadow palette 
  6. Eye liner and mascara
  7. Lip liner and lipsticks 

  • Makeup school someday

Yes I surely plan on going to make up school someday and become a certified makeup artist but medical life will not allow me for the mean time so I will continue to learn online and keep practicing. 




IG: Niola_makeover
Facebook: Teeybeib Akisanya







No comments:

Post a Comment